Monday, March 17, 2008

McCain-o-nomics

With the economy smelling worse than Dick Cheney's colon, you would think the people of the United States would want their next president to have a general grasp of basic economics. I'm not talking about having an MBA (apparently they give those out for free), I'm talking just some basic economic knowledge here.

Let's see what McCain has to say about his credentials:



Ok, so McCain isn't an expert on Wall Street. Big whoop. Judging from the way things are going these days most of the people who work on Wall Street aren't experts on Wall Street either.

What else do you have to say for yourself, McCain?

The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book. (source)


Wow. So basically, the only thing that is standing between McCain and understanding the economy is ALAN GREENSPAN'S AUTOBIOGRAPHY.

I feel so much better.

No. Wait. I don't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what I don't get about the folksy posturing of Republicans. Why is it a good thing to brag about how dumb you are? How you cook squirrels in popcorn poppers?

Call me insane but I'd much rather vote for a president that could kick my ass in Algebra II, at the very least.

Anonymous said...

McCain was around when algebra was invented. He didn't get it then either.

Unknown said...

this election is so fucking sad it is creepy. mccain has been in the senate without a brain for how long? and this early on-set dementia thing didn't work out too well when reagan had it, so why are people still going to vote for that? my drooling grandpa for presidente. wish there was a way to vote for a viable non-political hack with a functioning brain. alas, it is not to be.