Wednesday, March 12, 2008

McCain's Spiritual Advisor: "Allah Was a Demon Spirit"

Insanometer 3/12/08: fighting like a warrior for one messiah or another

So let's see. After accepting the endorsement of John "The Catholic Church is the Great Whore" Hagee, now it turns out John McCain's "spiritual advisor" thinks Christians should wage war against Islam, calls Allah a "demon spirit" and generally advocates holy war.

Let's go straight to the source. Here is spiritual advisor Rod Parsley in his own words:

I cannot tell you how important it is that we understand the true nature of Islam, that we see it for what it really is. In fact, I will tell you this: I do not believe our country can truly fulfill its divine purpose until we understand our historical conflict with Islam.


Wow. Sounds kind of extreme. Maybe he didn't mean it.

I know that this statement sounds extreme, but I do not shrink from its implications. The fact is that America was founded, in part, with the intention of seeing this false religion destroyed, and I believe September 11, 2001, was a generational call to arms that we can no longer ignore.


Oh. He meant it.

Holy shit.

No comments: